Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Podcasts

I have a pretty long commute to the salt mines every day. Assorted podcasts and XM radio makes the white-knuckled rush of the lemmings bearable each day. In the runup to the '08 election I became an obsessed political junkie. I found it making me too tense so I've diversified my listening habits to maintain some semblance of sanity and balance.

Recent podcast favorites include:

WTF with Marc Maron is my latest podcast obsession. I first heard Marc on the Morning Sedition show on Air America and have rediscovered his angst-filled comic genius.

Harry Shearer's brilliant weekly podcast, Le Show is a must listen.

Fresh Air with Terry Gross. Say no more. The best interview show on the air today. I go for the podcast because I usually miss the oddly timed broadcasts on our local public radio affiliate.

This American Life is radio storytelling at it's best. The recent casts on the financial meltdown and health care debate are well worth a listen.

Slate Magazine's Culture Gabfest and the sports cast Hang Up And Listen are a great way to get in depth news and discussion.

Music podcasts include KEXP's Song of the Day, Paul Oakenfold's Perfecto Podcast and the Roots Rock Radio Show.

No comments: